Sunday, May 22, 2011

We speak so many languages... and not only programming languages

Hello World, I am a Note
For those of us addicted to Facebook already know, few months back they expended the profile options for adding more personal data, such as interests - movies, books [all displayed with thumbnails] and languages. And for those of us - the geeks, the options are restrictive and do not allow listing our beloved programming languages as spoken on Facebook?




When measuring if somebody can really speak the given language the person is usually asked a series of questions, like how would you say "Hello", "How are you", "I love you", "Bye" in the langauge. To prove the point I can say the prase you chose in many programming languages, going with a sample phase this is the list of my non-listed spoken lanuages, enjoy:) 

C
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
int main(void) {
    printf("Hello World, I am a Note\n");
    return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

C++
#include <iostream>
int main() {
   std::cout << "Hello World, I am a Note" << std::endl;
   return 0;
}

C#
class Hello {
  static void Main() {
     System.Console.WriteLine("Hello World, I am a Note");   }
}

Java
public class Hello {
    public static void main(String []args) {
      System.out.println("Hello World, I am a Note");
    }
}

JavaScript
 document.writeln("Hello World, I am a Note");

Perl / Python
print 'Hello World, I am a Note';

  
Ruby
puts 'Hello World, I am a Note';

Shell
echo "Hello World, I am a Note"


Assembly

I wouldn't mind the distiction of natural versus artificial languages, and prevension of fake languages being listed as spoke, but if one can add "alian" to the list, there should be option to at least add Lisp to the same list.

No comments:

Post a Comment